Hello loves! So excited to finally be blogging again ♥ I’ve totally missed it and rest assure, there’s many more coming your way! Any who, for today’s post, I’m going to be sharing with you my skincare routine. I feel like I’ve never really taken skincare that serious until the past 2-3 years. I mean, sure I’ve had routines in the past, but never really was super consistent and would always just use different things, like nothing really stuck. But now, oh boy! Do I know what I want and what my skin likes ♥ And that’s what’s important, finding what really works for you and your skin.
You and your skin, I feel like are two different things.
When I say “finding what really works for YOU,” I mean how much time do you truly have, morning and night, to do a skincare routine? Will you stick to all those steps in the long run? See, I went through various routines in the past and now, being a mom, I need something QUICK and easy. Though when you look at my routine below, it might look crazy and LOTS of steps, but in all honesty, it only takes me 10 minutes to do it all.
And then when I say “finding what really works for YOUR SKIN,” clearly I mean finding what products works for your skin type/what can solve your skin concerns. One tip is that there are products out there that are like 2-in-1 etc. Here are two recommendations for products like that:
♥ PEACH & LILYLazy Day’s All-In-One Moisture Pads – deliver the effects of a toner, essence and moisturizer in just one swipe. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants thanks to Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid, Spinach, Broccoli, Carrot, Pomegranate, and Bamboo Extracts, these hydrating pads act like a green juice for your face, imparting rich, refreshing nourishment.
♥ Pixi by Petra Rose Flash Balm – 3-in-1 , oil-free formula that works as a primer, moisturizer and mask . Quick absorbing formula instantly moisturizes and brightens and is great as a revitalizing mask as well as a primer to prep skin for perfect makeup application. For all skin types.
My morning routine is pretty simple.
- Starting off with a cleanser, right now I’m using It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser ($28) and I really love it! It’s definitely something that will leave your skin squeaky clean and does remove makeup as well.
Here are my other favorite cleansers: ELEMIS Superfood Facial Wash ($25), Lancôme Crème Mousse Confort Creamy Foaming Cleanser ($27), Lancôme Gel Pure Focus Purifying Cleanser ($27)
- I go in with a toner right after using Shiseido Facial Cotton and right now I’m using Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner ($45). It’s not my favorite. I do like the fact that it’s really hydrating and smells amazing, but what I really don’t like is the color of it, because I like to see if it’s rally taking everything off my face especially if there’s left over makeup etc (I know I’m weird). But really, other than that, it’s a great toner. I just prefer something like Lancôme Tonique Pure Focus Matifying Toner ($27).
- Next I go in with my essence, I’ve been using the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence) ($185) for about a year now and I must say, I LOVE IT! If you’re wondering what is an essence is, you can read more about it here.
Other essence that I love and recommend: Dior Hydra Life Deep Hydration Sorbet Water Essence ($73), IT Cosmetics Miracle Water Micellar Cleanser ($38)
- My favorite serum is next, PEACH & LILY Glass Skin Refining Serum ($39). I started using this serum I believe last year and I just love it! Silky, weightless, and instantly-absorbing, Peach & Lily’s Glass Skin Refining Serum helps hydrate, calm, brighten and firm, delivering more dramatic results with continued use.
- To add moisture to my face I use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer ($39). I really love this face moisturizer. For reference, I have combination skin where the center part of my face tends to get oily and everywhere else is dry. This moisturizer is great and gives my skin the balance that it needs.
Other moisturizers that I love: Dior Hydra Life Fresh Hydration Sorbet Crème ($69), Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer ($42)
- I don’t go a day without my face oils. I absolutely love ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Oil ($79) but I finished that one and now using ELEMIS Superfood Facial Oil ($55). I like both but I think I love the Pro-Collagen Marine Oil much more, so that’s the one I will be repurchasing.
- Lastly is my eye gel. I absolutely love this one from Dior, Dior Hydra Life Cooling Hydration Sorbet Eye Gel ($55). It feels amazing because it’s cooling and it truly helps de-puff my under-eyes.
My night time routine is pretty similar to my morning but with some added steps.
- If I’m wearing makeup that day, my first step is to remove my makeup. Right now I’m using the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm ($30). You can definitely use other makeup removers like micellar waters or makeup wipes but I personally love balms. Another cleansing balm that I love is the, ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm ($64). If you ask me which balm I love more, I would go with Clinique only because it’s cheaper. I just think they’re alot alike.
- Once my makeup is off, I then like to double cleanse using my It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser ($28) to make sure everything is off and that my skin feels squeaky clean.
- Now on days that I have extra time, I like to exfoliate using Lancôme Rose Sugar Scrub ($25). My absolute favorite scrub! It feels and smells so good. I can’t even tell you how many of these I’ve gone through already.
- Next is toner, Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner ($45).
- Then essence, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (Pitera Essence) ($185).
- Followed by my serum, PEACH & LILY Glass Skin Refining Serum ($39).
- Moisturizer, Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer ($39).
- Face oils, ELEMIS Superfood Facial Oil ($55), except this time, I also apply one drop of Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum ($78).
- And finishing off with my eye gel, Dior Hydra Life Cooling Hydration Sorbet Eye Gel ($55).
So that wraps up my routines ♥ I hope this little break-down was helpful. I honestly loveeeee skincare and love trying out new things. If you have any recommendations, feel free to leave it in the comments below ;) Maybe I’ll pick it up and add it to my routine.
Thanks so much for stopping by. See you in my next post.